Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Taxi-Derby & Tetraphobia


{No, this is actually a NYC cab. Korean cabs are silver or black, but I wanted to find a cool photo to mess with.}

I am convinced that Korean taxi drivers have a partnership with NASCAR or a local demolition derby... Next taxi I come across I will tag it with a large #4 on both sides.

And now it's time for "DID YOU KNOW?" with Brandon!:
"Hi kids! Did you know that the number 4 is considered an unlucky number here in Korea because it resembles the Chinese character that means "Death". Most hotels and other buildings change the #4 on their elevators to the letter "F" instead or just skip to the number "5". This is very similar to how some countries treat the number "13". I work on the "5th" floor of my building, however, we all know now what floor it REALLY is. Fear of the number 4 is called "Tetraphobia"."


And so brings us to my next point; BUCKLE UP... or just ride the subway.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Wait, why does it just say the letter "F" instead of 4? Why not like have chuck norris' face on the button for floor 4 instead. I think that would be much more appropriate than "F"

    ReplyDelete